Tuesday, April 26, 2011

E 48: Jejeism

There was this question I heard a few years back during a recollection in college. The facilitator asked us what the first thing we do when we wake up in the morning is. Basically, we open our eyes, and many people answered that. The first person, though, who answered the question, said she would brush her teeth. Isn't it cool to have a sink beside your bed and not open your eyes first? On an interview on Channel V, Jessie J said she would check her phone. I'd say the same.
I got up this morning and checked my phone to find three messages pending to be read; two from a special person and one from someone not so special or even close to it. The messages from the special person were good morning greetings and some updates about this person's activities this morning. The other person only sent a quote about friendship.
I realized that as we grow up, the text messages we send and receive evolve. When we're high school teenagers, we receive love quotes, friendship quotes, jokes, and chain messages. When we go to college, we receive messages about our projects, thesis, and sleep-overs. And 
When we become adults, we receive only important messages. When an adult receives a message, it could only mean that someone's asking a question, someone's inviting him or her over, someone needs a help, and other important things you could think of.

Quotes are good, but there are those that we can categorize as "jejemon quotes." Those are the ones which have trite lines, have too simple thoughts, and usually, as the name applies, have odd spellings. It would be fascinating to share a bible verse or a saying from a famous person, but there are really quotes which we don't really want to give a damn at all because they don't lead us to epiphanies nor do they inspire us.
A few days ago, I received advice from my very good friend, H. If you could recall, he is the one I mentioned in one of my blogs here in 365. He told me something about trying to take the risk of loving again. His words were so great they seemed to be quotes handed down by many, and I don't mean jejemon quotes.

People change, and as we grow old, we realize what's more important to do even when we ping someone's phone. Now, I've got to reply to that special person. Quote erased.

No comments:

Post a Comment