Thursday, April 21, 2011

E 43: Summer Bummer

Something in the air tells me that I should just go on with my sleep and I should stay at home. The way the sun shines these days is familiar and I remember being loved years back.
Ah, yes, it's friggin' summer.
I'm really not sure what but some invisible force keeps convincing me that I should not go to work. Luckily, I'm sane enough not to let that happen. 
This is actually my first time to have no summer vacation. Last year, after being a teacher, I still had a few weeks for vacation before I got hired in my current company. I didn't notice that short time because I was too worried to become a bum.
A friend told me a few days ago that he's having a boring summer (being a student, who doesn't have a boring summer?). Imagine having no allowance and not being able to see your friends everyday. You'll run out of things to do. Not in my case when I was a student. A good book kept me having fun during the season.
Then, I told that friend that I got money BUT I don't have a summer vacation. It's just the same.

Well, kids, it's time to challenge yourselves. You can always seek for a new thing to do on a summer. Just go out and have a good time. Sometimes, you don't really need money to go to a mall (take it from a mall rat like me). Or you can do favors from your parents or relatives for a price. Or you can start reading something new. Or, start writing (nerdy suggestions--but they're good).
Summer, in Asian literature, is usually a symbol of youth. We have so much fun on a summer and it seems like the peak of it. So while it's summer, let's use our youthfulness and see how far we can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment