Saturday, April 2, 2011

E 24: With Love, Baby Gastronome

Dear lovely pairs of skinny pants,
It's been years since I've been with you all most especially my dear skinny denims and an exemption to blue trousers which I bough months ago. I know you all were there through bad and good times and allowed me to do whatever with all my might. But, time has come that I have grown into someone whom you cannot keep up anymore; the bigger me.
All my life I have spent trying to gain weight and now that I have reached that goal, it led me to a sin I never meant to commit.
I murdered two of your friends. Skinny denim could not handle me anymore that it popped its button off while I was dressing up. Then there's one of my favorites, my black trousers which suffered terrible pain while I was in a bar as my buttons fell off and left me paralyzed on my seat for a couple of minutes for fear that the bouncers would accuse me of lewd acts.
To the rest of you, please do bear with me.

I cannot help it that I am gradually becoming a gourmet or such. Food just makes me happy that sometimes, I even think it's the best alternative for love which I lack in the moment.
Yesterday, I had good lunch. When I came to the office, there was free meal but I couldn't help but buy some more, a mystery I still cannot solve at the moment. So there were pasta, pichi-pichi, a cake, 2 cups of rice, chicken nuggets, and a bottle of juice. When dinner came, I bought a whole meal of garlic sausage pasta, which was a gastronomical feast, a cup of ice cream, and chocolate roll which my dear friend Angela bought for me earlier. Is it my fault that they just satisfied my appetite?
Then came midnight when my officemates decided to chill at a fast food restaurant where I ate some ice cream and tuna pie. Blue trousers made the hesitation for me that time; I was pulled back as it hugged tighter than ever on my waist. But I was not able to listen--I went on and bought food.
They say that gluttony is a deadly sin and I can say that this is dying-not for me, but for you all. I used to be a friend to you but now I cause you pain and suffering as you are not able to contain me anymore.

I am hoping that despite all of these, you guys still hang on. I have decided to really work on this. I'm planning to have two of your friends cured and soon we'll all be together. We got more memories to make. I'll work on my gustatory obsession real hard and soon we'll be able to run around again, dance again, sit again, together in the day, enjoying others' company as we wolf down pizza, liempo, and donuts.

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment