Monday, April 11, 2011

E 33: Up On A Stage

I am a man of many dreams. Ever since I was a little boy, I have made many aspirations that made me confused of what my goal really is when I get to the right age. One of those dreams is being a performer.
I've had numerous performance in front of my friends that surely did become a little remarkable. I don't want to be just another guy with a mic; I want to be that guy harassing the stage, that man blowing fireworks off, that guy rocking a guitar with confetti and so on. I have always dreamed of becoming a pop star.
Click a link and leave this page if you think this is bullshit; but I want this. That's all. I'm not sure if I could have enough guts to pursue this career but what the heck.
The problem is I don't think I can do this here in the Philippines. The music industry only seek for balladeers. If one is to be a pop star, you have to be a balladeer or a band that is copied from a foreign act. Another problem is that the music industry only prioritize those who got the looks; they do not care if you have good performance ideas and skills--a beautiful face is a necessity in marketing. And the image they force one to be is usually an image of a smiling face in the crowd with all the friendly boy-next-door outfits. They don't want you to be you; they want you to be just like everybody else in showbusiness. Be another Gerald, Piolo, Anne Curtis, and Kim Chiu. In short, they want you to become a canned product or worse, a robot. The industry lacks attitude. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about bad attitude here. I'm talking about having strong personality-an empowerment of who one is.

When I decided to become a pop star, I'd seek for a bad ass company--something that won't turn me into something I'm not and does its best to enhance me. And I am going to make sure that my performances will not be just another song on the stage.
In the meantime, I am not sure if I will be able to pursue this. Let it be known that I am slightly frustrated. Someday, I will know where I really belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment