Monday, April 25, 2011

E 47: Trying to Step Up

One of my frustrations is to become good at dancing. Dancing is mu favorite physical activity but only a few people see me performing.
I thought of enhancing my skills in dancing when I have a chance so when my officemate Georgina found a free trial dance class, I came with her on its second day. The class was held in Palms Tower near home in a room beside a place where a "Praise and Worship" stuff was happening. Georgina told me that on the first day, she didn't find the dance class quickly and almost thought that the Praise and Worship event was actually it with all the singing and dancing.
We arrived early and waited a couple of minutes for some more people to come. The affiliation is just a baby so they were giving free trials for two weekends. George and I wanted to know three things: if it will help us develop our dancing skills, if it will be fun, and if we will look like fools when we start the dancing.
The teachers were almost the same age as ours. They told us to start stretching.

I don't know much stretching to I copied people nearby. Right then and there, I started to think that there would be a poor facilitation knowing that they could've helped us in stretching. Afterall, it is a CLASS.
The class started with an introduction of a song we were to dance with; it was an Usher song, R&B, and unpopular. The steps were so quick but being a little proud of myself, I was able to catch up a bit. There was a problem with moving because the tiny room was crowded. I even hit someone on the face; a tall and muscular guy with mohawk hair. I apologized and gladly, I left the place without a broken jaw.
When it was bottle break, the sweaty George and I decided to leave.
I thought it was going to be a class where one learns how to dance. Rather, it seemed to be a rehearsal/audition for a group of dancers. And there was poor teaching; the teachers were teaching everyone as if they're pros already. I could've joined, but it would be better to start from scratch where everyone is just the same: We all know how to dance but we want to enhance our skills in it. We need to be aware of those skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment