Sunday, April 3, 2011

E 25: When Weather Ain't Fair

Two people sought for the meaning of their lives; one a student and one an employee. Their future seems unsure and they were left with choices that would definitely give them some turn in their lives.
My friend Gabby was down and even considered death as an escape from the turmoil in her current state. I, in my case, have no idea what things to consider since my future seems uncertain. Our moods met and I felt that it was my duty as a friend to lessen the burden she feels so we decided to go out last night.
Before anything else started, we met her now-former teacher who is also my now-former admirer. This admirer experienced pain when I blurted out my recent relationship, which has a very entangled web of 'love'/love polygon. So this person left with tears; Partly my fault for not being tactful with the revelations I blurted.
So Gabby and I were left in the Mall of Asia with a bottle of beer in her pocket because not a waiter approached us in the bar we went to and we accidentally brought the beerWe decided to dispatch the bottle at a bunch of huge trash cans for fear of being caught as (accidental) thieves.

The night was still young when we got our dark mocha frap and strawberry cream at a table in a coffee shop. That was the time that we were able to talk about everything that is bugging our heads.
It felt good that one can sit down and say anything with a friend ready to listen and discuss things. It felt better that there are people who are not fair-weather friends. It felt best to be able to say anything that you want to get off your chest.
I guess that's what friendship is about; to be able to help each other in any way they can. There are friends who will only be there when you plan of a good time. But real friendship can be seen when they show concern or even do something to make you feel good.

I am thankful to have friends whom I can discuss anything without being judged. Yes, we didn't do much to each other that helped us out of our situations. But having someone to talk to about it, and having someone to make us feel that it will be better make it worth the friendship.
Now is the time to think about this: do you think that your friends will really stick with you through thick or thin? Or they will only take advantage of your loneliness to be able to find an excuse to enjoy and get high?
I think that a friend that listens proves that a friend is ready to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment