Friday, March 11, 2011

E 2: Appetizer

Ayala mall was filled with restaurants while my pocket feels embarassed to them. My tummy led my feet in finding a good place to eat when my pocket decided that I can only have cheeseburger and fries for lunch. My tummy and my mouth are sick of them, but they had no choice. As my mouth munched on the sticks of potatoes, my life seemed to be at its best of having nothing but the usual.
My soul is sick of intaking the same stuff everyday, and I don't just mean cheeseburgers and fries.
My phone decided to tell my fubu AKA food buddy, Georgina, to have pasta for dinner--as a temporary escape to the usual rice meals we have. So this evening, my intestines had bolognese, a very very tasty roasted chicken, and soup. Okay, call me boring, but my mouth rarely eats new kinds of foods. So the bolognese was kind of a gateway to a new start.

Today my feet walked the similar streets, my eyes faced the similar computer, and my fingers tapped the similar keys. But don't stop there, my mind does not think of the same stuff everyday and my soul is not always as how you see it is. Somehow, they want to break free. They exist bigger than I am and I respect them as if different creatures rest inside me.
They are here to help me. In the mean time, my body is trying to find the right keys to let them out, like my dinner.
Have you been eating the same food everyday? Every once in a while, try something new. It kind of adds spice literally and figuratively to our life in a little way.
People, we are just starting. You have not seen what is in store for desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment