Thursday, March 10, 2011

E 1: Paint Cans

Everyday is a new day. If you're working 9 to 5, you will have trouble comprehending that statement. I sort of work 9 to 5, in the business capital of the Philippines. I also live in this city, where I grew up and spend 98 % of my 23 years of living and still counting.
I've been warned; my work would be monotonous. I check essays of a hundred plus students from another country where English is a very important language to learn. Everyday is a battle with words, miscomprehension, and laziness. Every day is virtually similar.
Sometimes, or maybe most of the time, things are just how we define them. We have the power to turn them into something we want them to be.

When I was interviewed for this job, I was asked how I will cope with the monotonous lifestyle.
I smiled, gave some things I do when I'm bored, and said, "Boredom depends on how we live our life. When we're bored, it means we're just letting things happen."
Am I generally bored now? Hell, yes. Because I'm letting the sun crawl from East to West. So, I wondered if I could just try painting the sun in different colors. Why not make the clouds sing? Why not make mountains dance?
Life is too short for us to act like robots and let grey strands conquer our heads.
It is a challenge to live everyday the same yet find something new and write about it. I'm not sure if I can keep up, but I'd love to dare myself. It's bungee jumping without testing the length of the harness. Okay, where are my cans of paint?

No comments:

Post a Comment