Friday, March 25, 2011

E 16: Wanted: Guts

Teaching, for me, is the best profession in the world. A teacher touches billions of lives and molds billions of minds and facilitate billions of people to their dreams. Without teachers (may it be professional or not), life will never be complete.
I graduated in this course just because I needed to graduate. Sad to say: it ain't my passion. I've got GREAT respect to the profession but I don't see myself being a man at the blackboard for a long time. To cut a long story short, I was just forced to study education.
Throw me the crumpled paper--I'm a douche for not fighting for my passion back then. The consolation given to me was that BSE English is close to Mass Communication. Nobody has ever explained this to me yet so please do enlighten me, I totally appreciate it.

Despite being pushed to do this, I pursued my teaching career when I graduated.
I enjoyed teaching--period. In the midst of paperwork bombardment, time consuming meetings, and required attendance to certain events, I had GREAT FUN just being able to teach kids and share A LOT to them. I even told them that if only I could have my subject be mostly about LIFE, I'd be even more glad to be there in front.
Well, the reasons why I quit are obvious.
And for now, I keep thinking about what I want to do next in my life. I have A LOT of dreams. I am ambitious but the problem is I don't have the fucking guts. I have never done baby steps yet (though this blog can be taken as such).
I used to consider the time I resigned from teaching as the first step to my dream but here I am commenting on essays.
I need motivation. I need strength. I need inspiration.
How long should I wait 'til I get the guts to materialize my principles in life?
But first, where should I start?

No comments:

Post a Comment