Monday, March 28, 2011

E 19: Bad Trip

There are times that we are defined by what we drink. Beer makes you feel a little bit of a free person and sociable. Vodka makes you feel cool. Tequila drives you crazy.
One bar near my home has good skills in naming their drinks. One of them is called Bad Trip, an instant favorite. It is a mix of curacao, pineapple juice, vodka, gin, and bad vibes. New friends whom we meet would ask us if this drink is a "traitor." I'd say it makes a hell out of everyone the way Puck does mistakes in spells on human.
Early this year, after work, my friends invited me over to a little gathering where I was able to meet my ex again. The first few hours seemed okay and in fact, ex was trying to flirt with me as our friends just teased us. Then came the time when we decided to go and my dear ex just wanted to do something so there went a crashing glass.
The bouncer approached us. My friend Gabby told me that we could just sneak out of the bar. Being sort of a control freak, I was hesitant to the idea. When Gabby and Taylor have already gone out of the bar, ex started to "force" me to pay for it, "I don't have the money for this."
"Neither do I. Go pay for it."
"I really have no more."
"You did it, you have to suffer the consequences. Why did you have to do it?"
Silence.
"Okay, the waiter is gone. The bouncer is busy. Let's walk out casually," I suggested.
We escaped but I don't really think that was the right thing to do. Anyway, outside, my ex was trying to find anyone to fight by shouting at people in restaurants and pounding on hoods of cars. So, I picked a fight by using my bag as a good weapon to hurl on ex's body which made things a little sober. Ex's cousin, Taylor, had to suffer the rest of the night as he had to go home with someone drunk. Gabby had to suffer the rest of the night with an angry stomach.
Last night was the second Trip. Not that there was much of a bad trip. Added to the table was a Surfer Boy. But there was one unforgettable event last night that I don't know whether to be embarrassed or be proud with. Our new found friend got totally drunk that he made it hard or us to drive him out of the bar. The bouncer finally lent some help by carrying him in his arms like a baby out of the bar! Well, it's hard to expect someone coming into a bar and going out in the arms of someone, especially a man, right? Well, actually, a boy in this case. So, the whole crowd started to give us a round of applause as we marched our way out of the place. You can already imagine how we dispatched him.
You be the judge: Was it really that bad for us or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment