Wednesday, June 15, 2011

E 72: This Territory Goes Uncharted

This place is damaged; cracks on the wall, paint scraping off, stuff disorganized, bugs and rodents running around. It would not always be like this. From time to time, I rebuild this place; I paint, I cover, I sweep, I wipe. But whenever someone comes around, it is never a failure to bring back the damages.
Rebuilding this place is never a tough job; I always have the determination (and the music) to keep myself up and make the best of the things here. With the right paint, the right seals, the right furniture, and the right pesticides; I'm off to another fresh start. Then somebody would come along and share insights about the right color to paint, the right brands to choose, and the right wood to use. At first, it would usually seem so good. But in the long run, I'd realize that the suggestions were unreliable, and that everything is once again falling apart. The final blow would usually be the leaks.
How can some great suggestion become something so less?

Getting accustomed to the series of maladies of the broken place, I, now, once more rebuild the place this time with the suggestion of an expert; me. Nobody knows home better than the resident. This time, I'd put more mirrors so that I would be able to reflect and even those who come in. And this time, I am paying the advice of Sara Bareilles to keep this new territory uncharted. This time, it wouldn't be easy to let people in. I'd put on a bell at the door, so that the next time someone tries to enter, I could ask myself, "Does that ring a bell?"

No comments:

Post a Comment